Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) won the state assembly elections of Haryana, which were held on 15 October 2014. BJP by securing 47 seats emerged as the largest party, with clear majority.
- Indian National Lok Dal (INLD ) won in 19 seats and Indian National Congress in 15 seats
- The elections were held for total 90 seats on 15 October 2014
- In Maharashtra BJP won in 122 seats and emerged as the largest party.
- The elections were held on 15 October 2014 for total 288 seats.
Government has launched a new air quality index
Government of India has launched a new air quality index to help citizens understand complex pollution data and its implications for their health.
- The programme, to be implemented by the Central Pollution Control Board, will enable it to disseminate information on air quality in simple terms.
- The national index will measure air pollution on eight parameters - PM10 (Particulate matter up to 10 micrometers in size), PM2.5, nitrogen dioxide, sulphur dioxide, carbon monoxide, ozone, ammonia and lead. All these pollutants will be measured for 24 hours.
- According to Who United Nations agency, Air pollution killed about seven million people in 2012, making it the world's single biggest environmental health risk.