Punjab & Sind Bank Recruitment of Probationary Officers (PO) 2012-13
Punjab & Sind Bank was established in the 1908 by leading figures such as Bhai Vir Singh, Sir Sunder Singh Majitha and Sardar Tarlochan Singh to help the weaker sections of society. The bank is headquartered in New Delhi and presently has 1000 branches and offices spread throughout India, almost 400 in Punjab state.
The bank invites application from eligible candidates for recruitment to the post of Probationary Officers on probation for a period of two years.
Name of the Post & Number of Vacancies in Punjab & Sind Bank
Probationary Officer: 900 vacancies
Important Dates for recruitment of PO in Punjab & Sind Bank
- Opening date for online registration/ payment of application fee: 24 April 2012
- Closing date for online registration/ payment of application fee: 10 May 2012
- Last date for Reprint of application form: 17 May 2012
Eligibility Criteria for recruitment of PO in Punjab & Sind Bank
Educational Qualification: Graduation in any discipline with minimum 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates) in aggregate from a University recognized by Government of India.
IBPS Score Requirement: Valid IBPS score obtained in Common Written Examination (CWE) for Probationary Officers (POs) / Management Trainees (MTs) 2011-12.
Age Limit (as on 1 July 2011): Minimum 21 years, Maximum 30 years
Pay Scale: Rs 14500 - 600 x 7/ 18700 -700 x 2/ 20100 - 800 x 7/ 25700. At present, initial monthly emoluments of Junior Management Grade Scale -I Officer including DA, HRA, CCA are approximately Rs 25400 in a Metropolitan Centre.
Selection Procedure for recruitment of PO in Punjab & Sind Bank: Selection for the post of `Probationary Officer' will be made on the basis of performance in Common Written Examination (CWE) conducted by IBPS in September 2011/ Supplementary written examination on November 2011 and Interview.
Depending upon the number of vacancies, the Bank reserves the right to call only those candidates who have sufficiently high valid IBPS score in the stipulated Common Written Examination and who fulfils the Bank's eligibility criteria, for Interview.
The total marks for Interview will be 100. Candidates have to obtain minimum 40% marks (35% for SC/ST/ OBC) to qualify in the Interview. The final merit list for selection will be prepared by clubbing the marks of written test as per IBPS score card & interview. The weightage for written test score and interview marks will be 85% & 15% respectively.
Interview Centres: The personal interview will be tentatively held at major centres of the country.
Application Fee: Fee for General and OBC category candidates is Rs 200 and fee for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates is Rs 50.
The fee can be paid either in the form of Payment challan through designated CBS Branches of Punjab & Sind Bank, by means of a Payment challan or by way of ‘NEFT' at any other Bank's branch.
- Payment Challan: Go to the nearest designated CBS Branch of Punjab & Sind Bank with the Fee payment Challan and pay, in Cash, the appropriate Application Fee in designated CBS Account No. 06061100068285 with Rajendra Place, New Delhi -110008 Branch in the name & style of PSB PO RECRUITMENT PROJECT-2012-13".
- NEFT: Go to the nearest branch of any other Bank and pay, in Cash, the appropriate Application Fee in Account No.06061100068285 with Rajendra Place, New Delhi -110008 Branch in the name & style of PSB PO RECRUITMENT PROJECT-2012- 13". Obtain the applicant's copy of Counterfoil of the Application Fee duly receipted by the Bank with (a) Branch Name & BIC No. (b) Transaction id/Scroll number (in case of payment through CBS) NEFT UTR No. (in case of payment through NEFT) (c) Date of Deposit & amount filled by the Branch Official.
How to Apply for recruitment of PO in Punjab & Sind Bank: Candidates need to apply online on the bank's website http://www.psbindia.com No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
Original counterfoil of the fee payment challan/ NEFT Receipt will have to be submitted with the Call Letter at the time of Interview. Without original fee payment challan/ NEFT receipt/ identity proof & required certificates, the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the Interview.