Probationary Officer – This is the first entry point for starting a management career in banking industry.PO`s move up the ladder to occupy positions likeManager,General Manager etc., based on their performance & experience.That is the reason for the huge interest shown by graduates in applying for PO posts.We have explained in detail about the Exam process &Methods to prepare for Probationary Officer exam.
Examination : The exams for Probationary banks are almost same in all banks.They would have tow tests –Objective test & Descriptive test.The Objective test would have the following sections –Reasoning,Quantitative aptitude,Test of English & General awareness.0.25 marks would be reduced for each wrong answer as negative marking.
** It is necessary that candidates have to pass in each section of the objective test.
The descriptive test will expect candidates to write essay-type answers on questions given.Normally it would for 60mins & the test is only to qualify.The marks awarded are not added to final selection or ranking,but you have to clear this test(minimum 40% marks) as well.
Preparing for PO Exam : Candidates will have to answer 200-250 objective questions within 2 hours & this makes it a necessity for fast mind calculations,short methods to arrive at answers etc.,
1) Allocate maximum time for preparing Aptitude & Reasoning sections.Similarly,focus more on these sections during the test,as they are prone to confuse you often.
2) Quantitative aptitude will deal with basic maths – algebra,profit loss,percentage problems,arithmetic problems etc.Books of Std.10th would help in preparing for this.
3) Practice is the only key to crack Reasoning questions.Most candidates feel this part lets them down during the exam.Questions would be based on diagrams, statements,analysis etc, & will test your problem solving skills.
4) Test of English will have questions on grammar, vocabulary,synonyms,antonyms,fill-in-the blanks,sentence formation etc.,Books on basic english language would suffice.
5) General awareness needs no introduction as questions are asked only from general events,economic development,people & organizations.Read newspapers with special focus on banking & finance,money markets,global business.
6) Do not guess wildly & blindly as there is negative marks for each wrong answer.
Working on previous year question papers And Taking Coaching At Institute will help you develop speed,time allocation & understanding the type of questions asked. For Best Preparation Of Bank PO Exam Join ANUSHKA ACADEMY , UDAIPUR (Rajsthan) and for further Detail Contact Us :---